Monday, July 5, 2010

Summer Time :)

Hey guys!!!

So I know it's been like forever since I last posted a blog, my bad ... but in my defense I have been super busy! Right now I'm working as a TRA (teaching residence assistance) for a college prep program, Upward Bound at Johnson State College. In short I'm working with high school students (rising sophmore - senior) for 6 weeks out of the summer, helping them prepare for college, as well as the college application process.

As part of this preparation, students live on campus (with the 1st week consisting of a pre-trip program - this year it was to Philly!!), which means that I live on campus as well. So, from Sunday afternoon - Friday afternoon I'm on duty ... 24/7. I'm basically here to help the students with homework and classes, organize events for them, and just making sure they don't get into too much trouble. Don't get me wrong I love it, but at the same time it's a lot of work, and a lot of hours (I get about 5-6 hours of sleep a night ... not what I'm used to at all).

And on top of all of that, I'm still working at my local paper!!! So I'm crazy busy all the time, but I do love it! It makes life a little more interesting and it certainly has its perks, I did after all get paid to go to Philly for a week.

Speaking of Philly, here are some pics :)


No comments:

Post a Comment