Friday, October 22, 2010

Excursions I - Dessau

So as part of the program here at Lexia in Berlin, all of the students have the opportunity to partake in class excursions throughout Germany, as well as the Czech Republic. One of the first stops we made on our 10 day adventure, was Dessau - home of the Bauhaus architecture (if you don't know what this is, don't worry I didn't either - apparently it's like this really famous architecture school - all of the students in the architecture program were super excited about it). We also stopped by this huge environmental building that via cooling and warming devices, as well as solar panels, produces the majority of their own energy - it was a pretty cool building I must say.

Overall, however, there's not much else I can say about Dessau - since we were only there for a few short hours. It wasn't the most exciting stop on our tour, but they did have good ice cream!!! :-)


Environmental Building

Environmental Building


1 comment:

  1. Bauhaus! I've been studying that school in my Danish Design class!

    ReplyDelete