Thursday, November 11, 2010

Roma

Following our 2 weeks of excursions, we were given another week off to pursue our own travel interests. And during that time my boyfriend, Mike, flew over and spent the week with me exploring Italy and Austria. The first stop on our adventure was Rome, or Roma - which to be completely honest, is a little bit over-rated. I mean don't get me wrong, it was great to see the city and all the historical buildings and everything - it just kind of felt like a tourist trap - I mean, after all, there are tons of tourists, like everywhere! But I am glad that I went and was finally able to see some of the famous, historical buildings that as a high school latin student, I heard about time and again. I do have to say however - the gelato, totally not over-rated - it's the most amazing ice cream ever!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment